Saturday 28 July 2007

Sunflower










I got up this morning to this beautiful sunflower
unfurling its petals to greet the morning sun, everything in the garden is lush with all the rain we have had but lets hope the sunshine stays a while.

As soon as the grass as dried out it will be getting a cut and tidy. My greenhouse is getting productive with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and my cape gooseberry is setting fruit well. The strawberries are nearly at the end of their season but I'm still getting the odd two or three off them.
Next year i plan to grow something a bit more adventurous, I did have a water melon but lost it in the flood which saw my garden under water for three days. I also unfortunately lost shrubs and flowers so my garden is looking a little bit sorry for itself, but the plants that have survived are doing well.
In some areas people have lost their lives due to the flooding and complete homes have been destroyed so losing a few plants in the garden is nothing in comparison. My thoughts are with those people and in retrospect we have been very lucky considering...


No comments: