Wednesday 28 November 2007

magical muck

Because this is the first time i have had a garden, it is also my first time composting and i can't wait to see how it turns out. I got the bin free from the council and i gotta say i love the whole composting idea, helping the environment and hopefully getting rich sweet smelling compost for the plants next season.
The bin is three quarters full but I'm not sure if i should be turning the contents as yet?
I'm thinking i might just lift the bin and mix the stuff up a little, i have seen compost activator on sale, does anyone use it? I read on this site the best thing to do is pee on it, i aint done that yet but thinking of giving it a go,has anyone else? I'll see how it looks after its been turned!

2 comments:

OldRoses said...

I never turn my compost and it "turns out" just fine. In fact, I just did a post with pictures of my composter - Black Gold.

Gina said...

good luck with your compost! I'm trying it for the first time, too. ps i did not pee on mine ;)