Sunday 28 October 2007

The bulbs are in!

Got the bulbs in and used one of those bulb planter tools, wow was i impressed i got the job done in half the time. I have put the red hot pokers at the bottom of the garden in the hope they will grow but because it is north facing i think maybe I'm hoping too much as i think they prefer a bit more sun, but I'll see how they get on. Apart from the bulbs in the picture, i got hold of some beautiful Fritillaria Meleagris I have always admired these when I've seen them in other gardens. I got a real bargain as well £2 for 15 bulbs. I also bought some dwarf mixture tulips and daffodils and have planted them up in clumps here and there as well as in a planter box by my back door.

Finished clearing one of my vegetable beds and I've covered it over with old carpet, hope fully stopping any weeds from seeding in it. Then i went back out and guess what? Gypsy (my dog) had been right in there and re dug and uplifted the bits of carpet i had laid down. Yup gardening must run in the family! Needless to say i wasn't very happy at the mess she had caused but i had to laugh at her muddy face and i got my own back by giving her a bath!

I also emptied the hanging baskets and replanted them up with ivy and winter pansies.

No comments: