Tuesday 24 June 2008

Organic Slug Control

I was out pottering outside in the garden and i could hear rustling, in the overgrown grass. At first i couldn't make out what it was (yup the eyesight ain't as good as it once was!) Then out the corner of my eye i saw them... "Meet the Frogger's" two of 'em clambering alongside the greenhouse. Frogs, my organic slug control, i think they had come in from next doors garden because as soon as they saw me they were off hopping and diving back under the fence.


So that's it,my next project is making a wildlife pond in the plot to encourage them and other beneficials into the garden. I have got an old Belfast sink that i want to use for the project, I don't have alot of space but if anyone has got any ideas or suggestions i would welcome them.


I keep up to speed with the other blogs that i like to read, but I've really not kept on top of mine , sometimes life gets in the way, other times i just don't have anything to say, but a month is way too long without an update!








1 comment:

Aki said...

I was surprised to see this frog. It's because it's same as the frog which was hardly just seen any more in Japan. I often saw this frog when Iwas a child. But I never seen in these 20 years.