Saturday 31 May 2008

Ripe for the picking.

The sweet strawberry aroma that greeted me as i went into the greenhouse was just too much. All thoughts of taking a photo of the big juicy red berries for my blog went entirely out of the window. I picked the best of the bunch for my tea, then went back with my camera, talk about doing stuff in reverse!

The variety is "Elsanta," i got them last year as a pack of six seedlings, which did fruit, though i wasn't that impressed with them.

They have just sat in the greenhouse and i haven't paid them much attention really, just the occasional watering when i remembered. I even thought about composting them to free up some room in the greenhouse but when i saw the flower buds i decided to give them another chance. Am i glad i did or what? They are so deliciously sweet, from now on i will be nurturing them all the way! Now where did i put that cream?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: