Tuesday 7 August 2007

oh wot a day!


oh wot a day i can't believe that i turned up bright and early with my daughter for her appointment at the the orthodontist to be told "yes you are on time but a day late" arrghhh i have so much on my mind just lately i completely confused the days. The best of it is though... when i looked at the calendar this morning to check the appointment time i didn't register that i was looking at yesterday D'oh!!


This year i grew cucumbers, a variety called Styx and they have been fat and juicy though I've only had two off up to now. I was hoping it would be a bit more productive, but having never grown them before maybe i am expecting too much. they are well tasty though and far superior to shop bought.

My sweetcorn is looking good and i think i will be running down the garden with a pan of boiling water pretty soon. I hear its best to cook it as soon as picked to get the utmost flavour and before it turns starchy, so pans at the ready!

No comments: